Re: scheme music function going backwards in time (or "better mp dolce")

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: scheme music function going backwards in time (or "better mp dolce") [solved]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:10:10 +0200

2008/10/4 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> This version of the files now do the following:
> - commands are placed after the note they belong to -- ie
>  \pdolce behaves just like \p.  Except for the "dolce" part. :)

Hi graham,

these functions are quite interesting, but would it be possible to
have a single function that takes two strings as arguments and makes
the appropriate composite dynamic mark?

e.g. instead of having to predefine

plegato = #(make-dynamic-extra "p" "legato")

and then use

\relative { c\plegato }

you could directly type

\relative { c\compDyn #"p" #"legato" }

So far, the only way I've found to do this is by using a music
function -- and that brings us back to the not-backwards-in-time
problem.

Cheers,
Valentin