Re: unusual Alto Clef

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: unusual Alto Clef
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:08:22 -0700

Jonathan Kulp wrote:
Cool!! I've attached the infamous Ravel quartet snippet that prompted me to post the query about this clef in the first place. Your C clef looks nice in there, almost like the original. Of course in this passage there's a switch to treble clef, and when it returns to alto, the clef is a teency bit too big (the original is almost the same size vertically but less inky), but still this is much closer to the appearance of the original score than a standard alto clef. Thanks for creating that, Valentin! I'm adding it to my snippet definitions file. :)
I notice the cool alto clef doesn't have any space in front (to the left) like the other clefs. Is this normal for this clef, or does it need to be tweaked?

Patrick