Re: Combine staves

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Combine staves
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:11:56 -0500

That works very well, Andrew. I'll have to investigate the \tag command a bit more. It might be useful in my orchestral piece. Best,

Jon

Andrew Hawryluk wrote:
Yes. Replace "\layout {}" with "\layout { \context{
\RemoveEmptyStaffContext}}" and the empty staff disappears. You can
also place the \break in the "csu" command to make it easier to use.
Maybe you could even add a \tag so this only takes effect in the full
score and the individual instrumental parts are unaffected by the
staff switch or the forced line breaks.

Andrew

\version "2.11.62"

csu = {\change Staff = up \break}

up = \relative c'' {
 \repeat unfold 3 { c4 d e d | }
 \voiceOne c4 d e d
}

down = \relative c' {
 \repeat unfold 2 { c4 d e d |}
 c8 d e f g f g a16 b |
 \csu \voiceTwo c4 d e d
}

\score {
 \new StaffGroup <<
   \new Staff = "up" <<
     \up

   \new Staff = "down" <<
     \down

 \layout { \context{ \RemoveEmptyStaffContext}}
 \midi {}
}