Re: elegant compound time signatures

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: elegant compound time signatures
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:36:20 +0200

On 20 Oct 2008, at 11:21, Graham Percival wrote:

Hans: at the risk of sounding grumpy, did you try compiling my
example?  I believe it does everything you want.

Yes, I think it was clear from my reply. I mentioned that although writing in each measure
  \unset subdivideBeams
  \unset beatLength
does the job, it is a bit cumbersome.

The second problem is that LilyPond beamings varies quite a bit from version to version, so sprinkling, so this solution may not be stable.

There is a need of a more general beaming pattern selection scheme.

  Hans