Re: elegant compound time signatures

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: elegant compound time signatures
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:41:22 +0100

Graham Percival Monday, October 20, 2008 10:21 AM

Trevor: a top-post in this case makes the thread really bloody
confusing to read.  (I know this email compounds the problem, but
I've given up on this thread)

Perhaps.  But having to scroll down looking for additions
can be equally annoying.  There was an example recently
when a responder completely missed a second addition
lower down.

Trevor again: at the risk of sounding even grumpier, your solution
produces the same output as mine, but uses the much more confusing
#(override-beam...) stuff.  \set beamGrouping is much easier to
understand and use.

Yes, but I was replying to Hans who was already using the
#(override-beam...) stuff to explain why it didn't work.

So (being more positive) do you or anyone have a real example
when #(override-beam...) stuff is essential, i.e., when beamGrouping doesn't work? That would be a useful addition to the manual, or alternatively it might suggest #(override-beam...) could be played down.

Cheers,
- Graham

Trevor

[remainder deleted]