assertBeamSlope function

From: Nick Payne
Subject: assertBeamSlope function
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 07:36:23 +1100

I asked the question below a few days back and eventually found that I could
use \override Beam #'positions = #'(x . y) to set the start and end beam
heights, at the expense of having to issue another override command every
time the top note changed pitch, in order to maintain consistent stem
lengths. While poking around in the documentation I found a very laconic
mention of a music function assertBeamSlope:

assertBeamSlope - comp (procedure)
(undocumented; fixme)

More searching hasn't turned up any more information on this function,
though from its name alone I infer that it might possibly do what I was
after. Does anyone know anything about this function?

Nick