Re: Beat grouping and reverting

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Beat grouping and reverting
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 17:14:17 -0600

On 10/25/08 2:30 PM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Neil
>
> You wrote  Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:06 PM
>>
>> 2008/10/25 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
>>> Carl
>>>
>>> But how do you revert entries like this:
>>>
>>> ((end * * 6 8) . #f) ;; switch-off at-any-beat feature
>>
>> The simplest way would be to add a function to switch this back on:
>
> I'd like to see the complex way  ;)

What if we just removed all of the ((end * * num den) .#f) entries from
scm/auto-beam.scm?

I tried it for 6/8, and I think things still worked just fine for me.

It's not clear to me that these entries do anything useful with the current
beatGrouping setup.  Perhaps they were needed with the previous code.

How would we decide whether it's safe to remove them?

Carl