Re: Lyrics provoke "Moment is not increasing" complaint

From: Roman Stawski
Subject: Re: Lyrics provoke "Moment is not increasing" complaint
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:34:33 +0100

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> This is weird and looks like a bug to me, so I forward it to
> bug-lilypond.
> However, you may want to reorganize your score along the lines of
> the email "Re: Adding a staff in the middle of a piece" I sent on
> lilypond-user some minutes ago, which shows how to switch a stave back
> and forth between behaving like a french stave and a normal stave, but
> setting the remove-empty property.
>
>    /Mats
Hi Mats

Thanks for your ideas. You proposed three work-arounds :

1. I don't need to switch between french and normal staves (AFAICS).

2. When I use the same staff context, I still get exactly the same
   error. In your examples you leave out the lyrics, they are at
   the core of the problem. For instance:
   - - - -[START]
   \version "2.11.60"
   \layout { ragged-right = ##t }

   \score{ {
    \new Staff = soprano \relative c' { c d e f | g1 |  }
    %\addlyrics{ \lyricmode { Did -- dle did -- dle dum. } }
    <<
     \context Staff = soprano \relative c'' { g4 f e d | c1 | }
     \addlyrics{ \lyricmode { Did -- dle did -- dle dum. } }
     \new Staff = solo \relative c'' {g8 c g f e g e d | c1 | }

   } }
   Try uncommenting the first lyric line

3. The third alternative won't do either. The two groups represent
   refrain and verse. I use separate variables to be able to use
   different content structure in the PDF (Ref. + V1 + V2 + V3) and
   in the midi (Ref + V1 + Ref + V2 + Ref. + V3 + Ref). So introducing
   additional staves on the fly makes this much more difficult.

Thanks for forwarding this to lilypond-bugs. I wasn't sure whether I
was missing something simple, or whether it really is a bug.

Cheers