forced accidentals

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: forced accidentals
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 17:55:16 -0700 (PDT)

Two questions...

1.) I found this property in the accidental-interface page in the docs:

    forced (boolean)
        Manually forced accidental.

    I tried to make it work, but I couldn't get it to do anything.
    Can anyone explain how this property is used?

(see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/accidental_002dinterface
 )

2.) I'm working on a project where I'd like to be able to take a music
    expression that contains manually forced accidentals (eg. "c!") and write
    some command at the beginning that would ignore all of them, like this:

    {
      \ignoreForcedAccidentals
      c d e! f
    }

    It's also essential that such a command does NOT remove accidentals that
    would've been printed anyway. This depends on the accidental-style, too.
    Is there a way?

Thanks,
Mark