Re: Installing new font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Installing new font
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:33:12 +0100 (CET)

> Hi, I have a metafont font with embellishment symbols (for Scottish
> tenordrum feathering and flourishing) that I'd like to use in
> LilyPond.

Do you want to contribute? :-)  We could integrate them.

> I've used mftrace to convert it to a .pfa type 1 font,

We use mf2pt1 which gives much cleaner results.  However, you have
probably to modify your source code.

> but I don't know how to install it and use it in LilyPond.  I guess
> this involves both Pango and LilyPond skills?

No.  Make your font known by fontconfig (this normally means adding it
to the right directory so that it gets cached), then you can access it
as any other text font.

    Werner