including a font in ly sources (was: Installing new font)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: including a font in ly sources (was: Installing new font)
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 14:41:15 +0100

2008/11/2 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> No.  Make your font known by fontconfig (this normally means adding it
> to the right directory so that it gets cached), then you can access it
> as any other text font.

Werner: I take this as an opportunity to ask if there could be a way
to use a font that is *not* installed on the OS in a .ly file; this
way I could deliver my scores in a tarball containing a compiled font,
and have LilyPond automatically
- launching font-config (is there a ly:set-option that can do that?)
- adding the working directory to font-config path
- then compiling the score using the newly fontconfiged font.

Of course, I could probably do that using a makefile. But it's much
less cool :-)

Cheers,
Valentin