Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:36:47 +0000

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Can anybody explain why 90% of all the newcomers who send a "how do I run the program" or "how do I install the program" or similar, send it to bug-lilypond instead of lilypond-user? Where on the web is the bug mailing list so much more visible than the usage list? Or, perhaps we have some misleading instruction somewhere?

  /Mats

I've noticed that, too. I just took a look at the LilyPond home page. I clicked on the "About" link and saw references to the different lists. Maybe the first item listed there shouldn't be "Questions or comments?" Maybe an entry called "Need help?" would be more likely to send folks to the -user list. Maybe a "Need help?" link on the main page directing newcomers to -user would help.

-David