RE: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 22:50:54 +0000

I recall making the same "mistake" years ago.  Beside the seeing first impression for the bug list, I think there is sometimes confusion to how one uses LP that makes a simple (to us skilled users) issue such as "why don't I see a GUI interface" seem like a potential bug.

Maybe it should be stressed that using LP is more like writing a computer program than using a point-n-click program?