Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 00:52:25 +0100

2008/11/2 Ed Ardzinski <address@hidden>:

> Maybe it should be stressed that using LP is more like writing a computer
> program than using a point-n-click program?

I usually send people experiencing this 'surspise' to this page:

http://lilypondwiki.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Where_is_the_app%3F

where I try to explain these difference.

That said, I have NEVER got any feedback of anybody (be a new user or
a member of the -devel list), for that page. Oh, my English is poor, I
know, but everybody in the planet is invited to edit it (it's a wiki!)

Which sometimes makes me think that the page is sooo bad that no one
dares to comment it. Does anyone think it could be remotely useful?
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org