Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?

From: Toine Schreurs
Subject: Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:35:19 +0100 (MET)

Redundancy is not the solution. Yes, in general, repetition is a good
technique to become familiar with something unknown. The first read gives
questionmarks, the second one gives the Aha's.

But it is almost impossible to maintain documentation if the information
is somehow duplicated over different locations.
The adagium "Single Point Of Information" is much more important than
Redundancy, especially for rapid-changing programs like Lilypond.

Toine Schreurs