Re: Optional \set command in changing \Score context, v.2.11.63

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Optional \set command in changing \Score context, v.2.11.63
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:07:03 -0000

Thies Albrecht wrote Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:36 AM

in section 5.1.4 Changing context default settings of the manual it reads

"The \set keyword is optional within the \layout block, so
   \context {
     …
     fontSize = #-2
   }
will also work."

At least in case of setting skipBars to ##t within \Score context using optional \set I get an error message (something about "unexpected SCM identifier.."). Leaving out \set works.

Either this is a bug or the manual should be changed.

You're right.  Looks like \set is not accepted in a \layout block.
This shows why we are gradually replacing all the @example code in
the manuals with @lilypond, which invokes a compilation.  Errors like
this then show up immediately.  I'll look at changing the manual (unless
someone indicates this is actually a bug).  Thanks.

Trevor