Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:05:07 +0100

Regarding those newbies who are looking for a GUI:

Why don't we publish a screenshot or two?

Users are looking for screenshots if they evaluate a new application (at least I do), and if we show a shot of a terminal window of a LilyPond session and another of some text editor with a piece of score, and add a comment like "yes, that's how LilyPond looks", perhaps we could reduce those noob questions a bit.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm