RE: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:37:23 +1100

I have to say I agree with the OP complaint about slow on Vista. I recently
(last weekend) "upgraded" my HP DX5150 (Athlon dual core CPU, 4Gb RAM) from
XP to Vista Business, and although I haven't done any timings, Lilypond
2.11.63 is clearly slower on Vista than it was on XP.

It actually wasn't an upgrade in the sense of installing over the top of the
existing OS and applications, I reformatted the hard disk and did a clean
install.

Nick Payne