Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista

From: Hajo Dezelski
Subject: Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:34:00 +0100

Sorry,

no chance. I have errased Vista from my system and they live happily ever after ...

But to be correct: The "little" Thinkpadseries seem to have problems with Vista. That was one off the reasons why Lenovo officially provided a Downgradeversion from Vista to XP. We had similiar effects on other Thinkpad series. The Lilypond version was 2.11.5x (not so long ago) and Vista was right out of the box (not optimized).

Hajo

2008/11/12 Francisco Vila <paconet.org@gmail.com>
2008/11/12 Hajo Dezelski <address@hidden>:
> Sometimes ago I had the same problem and I messured the compilation times of
> one and the same lilypond music file.
> So throw away Vista and you will see light at the end of the tunnel

This could have changed. It would be fine if you repeated the tests
with current version.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org

--
---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn