Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:42:18 -0600

Bailey James E. wrote:
Your answer has one tip (also mentioned previously in this thread) that I haven't tried--I haven't deleted the fontconfig cache. I'll try to find it, delete, reinstall, and run again to see if it improves performance.

That would slow it down. Lilypond creates the fontconfig cache the first time it runs. Deleting it would mean that lilypond would need to recreate it, thus increasing processing time.

Wait. So I shouldn't delete this cache? Didn't someone say to delete the cache and it would help performance? Wouldn't it only make Lilypond slower on the first run, and then it would be faster on the second? I'm confused. To be honest I don't care very much and was only trying it to confirm the problem. :)

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com