Re: Vertical spacing between the lyrics of two different verses

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing between the lyrics of two different verses
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:56:55 +0200

2008/11/13 Simon Art <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,

> Does anybody know how I can increase the vertical spacing only between
> the lyrics of these two different voices ? Within the same voice, the
> vertical spacing between the different verses should stay the same as
> before.
I use "template" like this (very schematic):

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upperstaff" <<
      \new Voice = "upper" {
        \uppermelody
      }
      \new Lyrics = "upperlyr" with {
        % this adds some space below:
        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-2 . 0)
      } \lyricsto "upper" \upperlyrics

    %
    \new Staff = "lowerstaff" <<
      \new Voice = "lower" {
        \lowermelody
      }
      \new Lyrics = "lowerlyr" with {
        % this adds some space above:
        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0 . 2)
        alignAboveContext = "lowerstaff"
      } \lyricsto "lower" \lowerlyrics

}

You can increase all numbers, of course.

And you can manage overall parameters in \layout{}, for \context{\Lyrics},
while above are for specified Lyics only.

--
Dmytro O. Redchuk