RE: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 06:11:02 +1100

I have a Vista Business system installed a week ago that has LP 2.11.63 on
it - no upgrade from an older version. The large font file in
C:\Users\Nick\.lilypond-fonts.cache-2 has the most recent date stamp of the
files in that dir, and is dated 12th November, which is last Wednesday, so
it's not being updated each time I run LP, as I've been using it every day.
However, I installed and first used LP on this system on 8th November, so
the cache has been updated since I first used LP. Would using an em dash in
a score have updated the cache? It would have been on Wednesday that I was
experimenting with adding \char ##x2014 to a score.

Nick