confused about transposing from treble clef to bass clef

From: chip
Subject: confused about transposing from treble clef to bass clef
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:26:44 -0700

I have a piece written for Eb Alto Sax and would like to transpose it to Bass Clef Trombone. I've read a bunch of posts in the archives and am now more confused than ever. It should be relatively easy, as the bass clef bone should be able to read the notes as written, but just change the key sig? Right? I think...
Please shed some light on this for me,
Thanks.
Chip