Re: confused about transposing from treble clef to bass clef

From: chip
Subject: Re: confused about transposing from treble clef to bass clef
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:38:07 -0700

I have read the bloody manuals, all of them. I finally found the part I need in the part I skipped over because it didn't apply to my work - 3.4 An Orchestral Part. I found the code I needed to see by clicking on the picture of the score fragment, then I saw that the \transpose was in front of the \relative bit. That's all I needed to know, was where to put that bloody \transpose. I have yet to find anything anywhere in the docs that actually says to do that. In plain print, without having to look at the code behind the example fragment. Guess I just don't read between the lines enough, or don't make enough assumptions, or am just not experienced enough like all you experts who already know it all and don't have to dig through 3 or more manuals/references/tutorials/snippets libraries to try to figure out something so simple.
Thanks for pointing me to the correct reference, even though you didn't need to be so bloody rude about it.
--
Chip