Re: confused about transposing from treble clef to bass clef

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: confused about transposing from treble clef to bass clef
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:16:37 +0100

After reading this thread, one thing is clear to me:

There is a point in the development course from stable to next stable,
where people should move to the current development release and forget
the old one. These days too many people uses 2.10 and its old
documentation. If a new user wants to start using LilyPond, I
undoubtedly send him to current 2.11 which is almost 2.12, because not
doing so involves

- all you learn about 2.10 will become obsolete shortly.
- all you learn about 2.11 will serve untouched when 2.12 "Rune" comes out.

I think it is not a matter of caprice, I'm not an update freak that
considers vital to update from "2.11.63.0001a-rc7.0" to
"2.11.63.0001a-rc7.1", but this is not the case now.

And of course this should appear prominently in the web page. I
propose a semi-permanent news item telling people to start using 2.11
with its docs from NOW.

This does not apply in the early, rapid changing stages of development
of a release, but it does here IMO.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org