Re: Now using 2.11 and noticed something interesting

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Now using 2.11 and noticed something interesting
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:28:27 +0100

Le 16 nov. 08 à 23:15, chip a écrit :

Ok, I'll ignore, even though I prefer not to see errors and warnings. Not that it matter, I'm just curious, in my code I don't adjust any of the between systems padding, so what might be causing this? Is it something in my code or just some oddity in lily?

Actually, LilyPond first estimated that the music would fit nicely
on a single page. Then, after having drawn the systems, it realizes
that they do not actually fit, so it's reducing the space between
systems by ignoring between-system-padding. This is due to the fact
that when page breaking occurs, systems are not drawn yet, so their
real height is not known.