Re: guitar tablature and fingering

From: Christian Herzberg
Subject: Re: guitar tablature and fingering
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:54:29 +0100

Dear Coralline,

I encounter that problem a year ago and figured out to remove
the "New_fingering_engraver" which is responsible for some fingering but even
other stuff.
Important is, that the "New_fingering_engraver" isn't related to the voice
context and not to the staff context never mind that the staff draw some
fingerings like your example shows.

Adding a voice context in the score section did the trick for me:

\score  {
<<
  \new Staff = "guitar" {
    \new Voice = "guitarvoice" \with {
      \remove "New_fingering_engraver"
    } {
      \key a \minor
      \time 3/4
      \clef treble
      \transposition  c  \guitar
      \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"acoustic guitar (nylon)"

Regards,
Chrisch
PS: I tried the development version 2.11.63, which refer notes on the lowest
string much better (Thanks a lot).
--
Christian Herzberg