Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:34:43 -0000

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote  Monday, November 17, 2008 1:39 PM

I´ve patched  fontconfig in 2.11.64 to use a consistent stat() call
everywhere. Can you check if it fixes the DST/font cache problem?

I deleted ~/.lilypond-fonts.cache-2 and tried a test file.  First run took
60 secs, second 4 secs.  But of course I didn't have the cache problem
anyway, so this is not a conclusive test.

BTW, the test compile using 2.11.64-1 downloaded from the LilyPond
website threw up an error:

C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/engraver-init.ly:525:27:
error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
 repeatCountVisibility = #
                          all-repeat-counts-visible
Unbound variable: all-repeat-counts-visible

Trevor