Re: Polymetric notation and percent repeats

From: Francesco Casadei
Subject: Re: Polymetric notation and percent repeats
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:52:46 +0000 (UTC)

>Hi Francesco,
[snip]
>A slightly different hack, using scaled durations should work:
>
>\repeat percent 2 { d1*7/4 \bar "|" d2.*7/3 }
>
>Regards,
>Neil

This works, but scaling makes the two measures the same length (7/4),
as in the case when \skip is used.
In the output the two measures before the double percent have the same width,
which is not realistic since one is 4/4 and the other is 3/4 (i.e. the former
should be graphically wider).

Perhaps I can fake compound signature times by suppressing the printing of
time signatures and using \time one every other measure to switch from 4/4
to 3/4 and back. This way spacing and percent repeats should work fine.

Regards,
Francesco Casadei