Re: lyrics in a PianoStaff

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: lyrics in a PianoStaff
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:24:28 +0100

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:14:01AM -0600, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> Try the template called "piano-centered-lyrics" (A.2.3) in the Learning
> Manual.

Thank you, just what I was looking for.
One thing I don't understand about this (and some other examples and
templates in the manuals). Why "\new Staff = upper {...}" and "\new
Staff = lower {...}" ? I use just "\new Staff {...}" with the same
results. I can understand why this template needs " \new Voice =
"singer" (for the \lyricsto stuff in the next line)
"
I want to learn and not only use the templates but also
understand what I'm doing. Maybe some %comment lines should be added to
the templates in the learning manual ? (Not too much, just enough :-)

Templates make Lilypond life a lot easier. Is there a place where I can
find the templates from the manual as separate files ? Copying and
pasting from the text in my webbrowser to my editor or typing it by hand
is not the most comfortable way to work with. Just loading a file named
piano-centered-lyrics.ly in my editor would be much easier.

But thanks anyway. I have it working now.

Martin Tarenskeen