Parser error when including file

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Parser error when including file
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:39:16 +0100

Dear list,

I have the following two files:

includeError.ly:
\version "2.11.63"
#(define RH rightHandFinger)

and
includedError.ly:
y\version "2.11.63"

\include "includedError.ly"

And if I compile the second file, the parser tells me that the first file is missing an '='. includedError.ly:2:0: error: syntax error, unexpected SCM_TOKEN, expecting '='.

This is of course because of the extra `y' in the first position of the first line ofe includedError.ly It would be helpful if either the correct file is targeted, that the weird init.ly error is thrown.

Is this something I have to learn to live with or is it within the possibilities of the developers to create a more descriptive error message?

Met vriendelijke groenten,
Arjan Bos