Re: problems with learning lilypond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: problems with learning lilypond
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 23:32:49 -0800

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:20:23PM -0700, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> On 11/21/08 4:56 PM, "John Sellers" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > The origin of the problem is that developers don't have to walk the path of
> > the newbies from beginning to end and it is very difficult to provide a
> > whole
> > documentation structure that is truly responsive to those kind of needs...so
> > most technical documentation the world over never does successfully do so.

Given that nobody on the doc team was an original developer, we
most certainly *did* walk the path of newbies.

> > Good wishes, John Sellers

> If I didn't make it clear in my earlier post, I'll try to make it clear now.
>
> I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO WHAT YOU ARE ASKING ME TO DO!

Also, John, read the Learning Manual of the 2.11 docs.  I can tell
that you haven't.  Front to back.

> Won't you please help us figure it out?  You seem to have some good ideas.
> Why don't you share them in some specific way so that we can get a clue?

General note for newbies: stop complaining that "we don't listen
to newbies" and then refusing to help with the docs.  If you get
involved, we'll listen.

Cheers,
- Graham