Using the 'avoid-slur property

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Using the 'avoid-slur property
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:55:49 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to modify the 'avoid-slur property for various grobs, but
Fingering is one of the few grobs that I've had success with.

According to the Internals Reference, DynamicText and TextScript
support 'avoid-slur.  Is there anything I'm doing wrong in the
following example?

%% BEGIN %%
\version "2.11.64"

\new Staff \relative c' {
  \slurDown
  %% changed from the default setting
  \override DynamicText #'avoid-slur = #'inside
  g2( g' \sf
  g,1)
}

\new Staff \relative c' {
  \slurDown
  %% changed from 'around
  \override TextScript #'avoid-slur = #'inside
  g2( g'_"Test"
  g,1)
}

%% Only this example works
\new Staff \relative c' {
  \slurDown
  %% changed from 'around
  \override Fingering #'avoid-slur = #'outside
  g2( <g'_1>
  g,1)
}
%% END %%