Re: Ubuntu 8.04 and Lilypond

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 8.04 and Lilypond
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:45:00 +0100

2008/11/25, Eyolf Østrem <address@hidden>:
> 2. Solution #2 (simpler)
> apt-get jedit, then install the lilypondTool in the plugins section.
>
> eyolf

it is apt-get install jedit. Anyway, this does not work on ubuntu 8.04
and it doesn't either on ubuntu 8.10 which I use. The reason is, that
version of jedit does not include lilypondtool in the plugins section,
and it also does not include sidekick which is needed to the manual
installation of the plugin.

The jedit web page does not support Linux users. What I did (and
recommend, because the point-and-click feature is so time-saving) is
to install the jre 6.10 from Sun, then download jedit from the webpage
and install it with java -- jar from the console. Then you will have
the latest lilypondtool in the plugins section.

Good luck,

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org