RE: Just chords and lyrics.

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: Just chords and lyrics.
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:16:45 +0000

> > You do not need a music score typesetting system to do this, just use
> > a word processor or a spreadsheet.

> Yes, but if you have a piece of music that you want to extract different
> parts out of, and one of those is a chord-and-lyrics chart for a
> guitarist who can't tell tell the difference between music notation and
> squashed ants, it would be nice to have a simple way of getting LP to
> generate this.

This is a good point - not everyone wants to use LP to create very complex pieces, and when dealing with music and musicians in a more "pop" vein you run into the folks that can play well well but have no clue about standard notation.

I like the "squashed ants" comment...what gets me more irritated are those who can read music a little but refuse to in the pop music situation because they think they'll look "uncool".  My guitarist partner is a little like that and is sometimes bothered that I want a stand with at least the words to the 150 or so tunes we can play in front of me.  I keep telling him that the best musicians in the world play with music in front of them...why shouldn't I?

Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.