Re: creating a centred column of markups

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: creating a centred column of markups
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:15:57 -0500

Hi Risto,

Is it the same thing that I had a couple of weeks ago
or do you want the exact opposite behaviour?

To be specific, I have this block:

\markuplines \override-lines #'(font-size . 2) \override-lines #'(baseline-skip . 3.5) \column-lines
        {
\line { \fontsize #2 \override #'(font-family . medium) { "When You Are Old and Grey" } }
        \line { "" }
        \line { "When you are old and grey and full of sleep," }
        \line { "And nodding by the fire, take down this book," }
        \line { "And slowly read, and dream of the soft look" }
        \line { "Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep." }
        \line { "" }
        \line { "How many loved your moments of glad grace" }
        \line { "And loved your beauty with love false or true," }
        \line { "But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you," }
        \line { "And loved the sorrows of your changing face." }
        \line { "" }
        \line { "And bending down beside the glowing bars," }
        \line { "Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled" }
        \line { "And paced upon the mountain overhead" }
        \line { "And hid his face amid a crowd of stars." }
        \line { "" }
        \line { \hspace #20 "— William Butler Yeats (1893)" }
}

which I want to center on the first page of a choral score.

Thanks,
Kieren.