Re: Just chords and lyrics.

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Just chords and lyrics.
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:21:22 -0600

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

Lilypond do it.  Maybe we should put an example in the docs anyway,
though.  I suppose at the very least it would show people how to do it
and it wouldn't come up on the list anymore (or we'd have a place to
direct them when it did).  Maybe we could do one example with a blank
staff and one without any staff at all?

That probably makes sense.  When I just wanted chords and lyrics, I used
GuitarTex.
But LilyPond is transposable, and GuitarTex is not; one of the things I
really like about LilyPond is that I can transpose songs automatically.

Really? The documentation for GuitarTeX mentions a transpose command so I assumed one could transpose with it.

I guess we should at least show the best we can do in the docs (and maybe
even have a reference to some of the other programs that can be used for
chords and lyrics).

Carl

That sounds good. Where do the most current .itely files live now? If you want I'll add a bit about this.

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com