Re: problems with learning lilypond

From: John Sellers
Subject: Re: problems with learning lilypond
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 01:24:35 -0800

Understood, and no argument....here then is another suggestion...if this tutorial is as good as you say.  Make sure it crosses the paths of newbies enough that they will end up reading before they get in as deep as I have.

Will I read it?  Yes, may the next time I run into a problem.  But would you tell me where to find it, and just which tutorial you are referring to?  I've read tutorial stuff a few times in the long distant past...and when I do read, I don't always make the associations you expect me to....

Tell you what, I will take a look. I'll even try to go over the a few of the problems I had in the past to see if it answers to them.  There reason I have never looked at the tutorial in question is that I do not use anything beyond the current working stable version---actually the cygwin verison.   Is this learning tutorial going to be part of a stable version soon or might it be a good idea to patch up a generic version of the same that lies in the path of very newbie so obviously that they will get the message and go through it?

---John