Re: Spacing before and after barlines

From: Basil Crow
Subject: Re: Spacing before and after barlines
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:47:26 -0500

On Nov 28, 2008, at 4:23 AM, Trevor Daniels wrote:

You should find your answer in the docs. Section "5.4.6 Visibility of objects" in the 2.11 docs gives several different approaches to making objects vanish. I'm sure one of these will be right for you, but I can't say which one without knowing more of your intentions. I suggest you read through this whole section first before deciding - it's not very long.

I have read through Sections 5.4.6. I set Score.BarLine #'stencil to false and Staff.BarLine #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #f #f). Despite this, I still see extra space. I am not sure where this space is coming from, but it is not the BarLine object. Notice the rivers of white every four beats in these examples:

\relative c'
{
f4 g a b
f4 g a b
\override Score.BarLine #'stencil = ##f
f4 g a b
\revert Score.BarLine #'stencil
f4 g a b
f4 g a b
}

\relative c'
{
\override Staff.BarLine #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #f #f)
f4 g a b
f4 g a b
f4 g a b
f4 g a b
}

\relative c'
{
\set Score.timing = ##f
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
}

Could someone please point me in the right direction regarding where this extra space is coming from?

Thank you,
Basil