Re: Spacing before and after barlines

From: Basil Crow
Subject: Re: Spacing before and after barlines
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:36:02 -0500

On Nov 28, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:

Is this not what you want?

\relative c'
{
\set Score.timing = ##f
\override Staff.BarLine #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #f #f)
f4 g a b
f4 g a b
f4 g a b
f4 g a b
}

Dear Kieren,

Thank you again, but it is not. Since you have set Score.timing to false, no barlines are automatically drawn. While this has the advantage of circumventing this entire issue, it has the disadvantage of causing LilyPond not to break lines automatically. The problem I am describing is when invisible barlines are in the middle of a line.

\relative c'
{
\set Score.timing = ##f
\override Staff.BarLine #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #f #f)
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
f4 g a b \bar ""
}

In this case, the rivers of white space where barlines would be drawn still appear. I would appreciate some advice regarding what is creating this white space.

Thank you,
Basil