Again: Whole Bar Rests and Unmetered Music

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Again: Whole Bar Rests and Unmetered Music
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:50:09 +0200

Hello,

  i've already asked about "how to put MultiMeasureRests in unmetered music,
  and was answered that i should switch temporarly to metered music
  (\cadenzaOn), put R1[*n[/m]] and switch back to unmetered.

  Now here are related questions. Please see example below.

  So, questions:
  1. Shouldn't whole bar rests be semibreve (whole) for any actual
time except 4/2?
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rest_(music) confused me..)
  2. How to put semibreve rest? How to change symbol for MultiMeasureRest to be
    semibreve? I've tried stencil property, but failed (I don't know,
which symbol to use?
    I dont know how to use stencil property for that? Is it possible
to change it with
    stencil property?)

Thank you very much.

% minimal example:
\version "2.11.64"

melody = {
  \time 5/4
  R1*5/4
  \time 6/4
  R1*6/4
  \time 7/4
  R1*7/4
  \time 8/4
  R1*8/4 -"Great"
  \time 9/4
  \override MultiMeasureRestText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  R1*9/4 -"Should't it be whole again?"
  \time 10/4
  R1*10/4
  \time 11/4