Re: How to set autobeam settings to respect 4th beats of 3/4 measure

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: How to set autobeam settings to respect 4th beats of 3/4 measure
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:35:22 -0000

Baris Urum wrote Tuesday, December 02, 2008 11:40 PM

I have a complex music that I write on ubuntu studio using rosegarden's
note editor. When I export it to lilypond pdf output the beam groups
are not displayed correctly. It's fine in rosegarden but lilypond
interprets them totally different. It separates the beams when
encounters a rest. I want it to respect the beats when grouping
notes and beam note groups with rests altogether.

Autobeaming will not place beams over rests; you need to insert
such beams manually using [ and ].  There is no need to turn off
autobeaming to do this.

I try with export beamings in lilypond export options but it doesn't work.

I put the \set autoBeaming = ##f code here:

% This LilyPond file was generated by Rosegarden 1.7.2
\version "2.10.0"

The autobeaming is much improved in 2.11, and this is now more
stable than 2.10.

Trevor