Cannot find differences between traditional and computer versions

From: Jakob Ullmann
Subject: Cannot find differences between traditional and computer versions
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 19:34:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

now I'm considerably thinking about changing to LilyPond. Congratulations: Your
article about 'Why computer music notation is bad' is a really good one! Firt I
thought, computer music notation is very expensive and difficult! Now, I now
that I'm wrong. At first I used the demoversion of capella. capella was perfect,
I thought, but too expensive. Then I was switching over to Finale Notepad, I
really like this one, except the low music notation' look quality.

I wondered: Why do you only use the finale examples for comparison? I tried to
make this comparison with capella, but: I couldn't find any differences! I used
"Rosen aus dem Süden" by "Johann Strauß".

Could you show me the differences? I can also give you a printed version, but I
don't know how.

Thanks

Jakob Ullmann