Separate page numbering in separate book parts?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Separate page numbering in separate book parts?
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 11:58:48 +0100

Hi,

With the new book parts feature, is it possible to restart the page numbering for each book part. In that case, it would be an ideal solution if you want to typeset a number of orchestral parts, where all the resulting parts are output into the same PDF file, but with individual page numbering for each instrument. I have never liked the idea of having a separate .ly file for each instrumental part and my current solution of using separate \book blocks for each instrument is inconvenient because of the anonymous naming of the resulting PDF files and it would often have been more practical to get all the parts in a single PDF file, both
if you want to send it by email or if you want to print a set of originals.

   /Mats

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering