Re: font switching help

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: font switching help
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:06:13 -0600

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 7:06 AM, james <address@hidden> wrote:
After much searching, I found it. Fontbook installs user-installed fonts to a directory that isn't indexed by fontconfig ~/Library/Fonts. After I realised that, I knew to tell fontbook to install my fonts system-wide, apparently, osx doesn't use ~/.fonts/ which fontconfig does index.

Hi James,

Glad everything worked out. I've had to solve this same problem a couple of times under OS X 10.4 myself. The post here ...

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-02/msg00087.html

... basically says "you can copy stuff to ~./fonts" to solve the problem. A better solution is just sym linking, which Han-Wen points out later in the thread.

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača