default output files

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: default output files
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:19:56 +0100

Hi,

working on my medit.sh "lilypond-view-while-i-am-editing" I noticed the
following.

If I do on the commandline

        lilypond example.ly

The output will be

        example.pdf (and/or .ps or .midi)

But if I do

        lilypond /home/user/path/to/example.midi

The output will be

        example.pdf

in the current directory and not

        /home/usr/path/to/example.pdf

Personally I have no problem with that. But it can be discussed if this
is logical behaviour. At least it is something that should be mentioned
in the new and already greatly improved documentation. What do you think
?

I'm running lilypond 2.11.65 on Linux Fedora.

--

Martin Tarenskeen