Special note over a percent measure /OR/ How to set measure width (with

From: lucifree
Subject: Special note over a percent measure /OR/ How to set measure width (with text...)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:23:26 +0100

(sorry for multiple post, it seems my webmail is not the best to deal with the list)

Hi all,

This is my first post to improve my experience with this wonderful tool.

Here is the problem : i use 'repeat percent' feature but i'd like to change a note on 2nd and following measures.
Not clear ? To avoid losing your time here is a picture of what a get :  http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?40c8e65398.jpg
(this is with drum but could be with other instruments)

- 1st line : basic look without trick
- 2nd line : with the trick to have what i want : i WANT the percents but since first note of first measure is an "exception", i want to restore the "normal" value.

My trick is by using a "break" voice, and inserting my note here instead of a "skip".

This works excepted for the visual look : you can see that width of measures is really changed and the look is bad.

- How can I keep / force the width of the percent measure ?
- Besides, if there is a cleaner way to insert the note instead of using another voice, i take it :)

Many thanks for your help.

and here is the script of my demo (also attached) :

==================
drumContentsBreak = \drummode
{
    s1 \break % dummy line to have same space for the 2 next lines
    s1 s1 s1 \noBreak s1
    \break
    s1 { hh8 s2.. } s1 \noBreak s1
}

drumContentsUp = \drummode
{
    s1
    \repeat percent 4 {
        cymc8 hh hh hh hh hh hh hh
    }
    \break
    \repeat percent 4 {
        cymc8 hh hh hh hh hh hh hh

\score { <<
    \new DrumStaff { <<
    \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table mydrums)
    \new DrumVoice = "up" { \voiceOne \drumContentsUp }
    \new DrumVoice = "break" { \voiceOne \drumContentsBreak }
>> } >> }
==================

Thanks all !

        drumContentsBreak = \drummode
        {
                s1 \break % dummy line to have same space for tests
                s1 s1 s1 \noBreak s1
                \break
                s1 { hh8 s2.. } s1 \noBreak s1
        }