Re: two simultaneous marks

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: two simultaneous marks
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:36:04 +0100

Well, one trick is to draw both marks as a single markup command with a sufficiently large vertical separation, and then move it downwards so that the upper mark appears above the
staff and the lower one below. Example:

\version "2.10.0"
\relative c'{ c d e f
 \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -9)
 \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'baseline-skip = #9
 \mark \markup \column{\box A
                       \italic fine }
 g f e d | c1 |
}

  /Mats

james wrote:
Hello, I'd like to have two simultaneous marks, "fine" under the staff and a rehearsal letter above the staff. I've found http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-04/msg00492.html which suggests I split all of the music after the fine into a coda section with a \stopStaff \startStaff, and I'm not really fond of that idea. Is there another way of getting two marks to print at the same time?