Re: Crosses in tablature

From: Marius Andersen
Subject: Re: Crosses in tablature
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:39:17 +0000 (GMT)

Simon,

YOU ARE THE MAN! Seriously. This works like a charm -- ought to be included in
the manual, or uploaded to the LilyPond Snippet Repository, so that other
people can find it easily. (How did you go about writing such a complex piece
of code, anyway?)

My only small complaint is that the crosses in the tablature are slightly
smaller than the crosses in the regular staff. To my untrained eye, this looks
like a simple matter of setting the font-size -- but how?

Oh, and another question :) How to change only one notehead of a chord? Suppose
I have

   <d f>

and I want to do two things: (1) print the F as a cross, (2) don't print the D
at all (but, if necessary, leave space for it). In the regular staff, it's easy
to use \tweak to accomplish the former:

   <d \tweak #'style #'cross f>

But \crosshead and \uncrosshead don't seem to be usable inside a chord the way
\tweak is -- only outside of it. E.g.,

    \crosshead
    <d f>
    \uncrosshead

which isn't quite what I want ...

> <<<<
> #(define (x-tab-format str context event)
>     (make-whiteout-markup
>       (make-vcenter-markup
>         (markup #:musicglyph
> "noteheads.s2cross"))))
>
> crosshead = \set tablatureFormat = #x-tab-format
> uncrosshead = \unset tablatureFormat
>
> \new TabStaff {
>     \crosshead
>     c b, e f
>     \uncrosshead
>     c c
>     \crosshead
>     \uncrosshead
> }
> >>>>

> and see the output attached.
>
> regards,
> sb
>
> --
> Simon Bailey
> Oompa Loompa of Science
> +43 699 190 631 25

Alt i ett. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notisblokk. http://no.mail.yahoo.com