Re: Crosses in tablature

From: Marius Andersen
Subject: Re: Crosses in tablature
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:19:33 +0000 (GMT)

Simon,

again, thanks for your time.

> <c' f'\harmonic>

This is intriguing. In tablature, I use \parenthesize to enclose grace notes in
parentheses:

    <\parenthesize e\1>

which produces (0). But this doesn't leave any extra space for the parentheses,
the way space is left for the brackets when using \harmonic. In other words,
the fret number itself (the notehead) is printed on a white background, but the
parentheses around it are printed on the tablature lines.

> if you're all ok with this updated version, i'll
> add that to the LSR.

Please do -- this is tremendously helpful. Even if LilyPond's support for
tablature is, according to the manual, "limited", I'm probably not the only
guitar player who nevertheless thinks its output is far more beautiful than
that of any other "tabs" program. Code like this extends that support!

Having finished a piece which sports regular + tablature notation of the
melody, detailed fret diagrams, and the occasional dampened grace note (!),
LilyPond's open format is probably what I'll continue to store my note work in.

Thanks for the help!

Alt i ett. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notisblokk. http://no.mail.yahoo.com